uXpress and the Zimbabwe National Co-operatives Federation (ZNCF) have commissioned on coop.co.zw a suite of ICT services to benefit the co-operative movement in Zimbabwe. These services further the functions of the ZNCF as dictated by the Co-operative Societies Act [Chapter 24:05] specifically:
- to compile and provide general information and advice co-operative societies to assist them in protecting their interests and enhancing their efficiency;
- to produce or facilitate the procurement of loan facilities, grants and other forms of financial and material assistance for co-operative societies
- to sponsor or to facilitate the promotion of good management practices in the running of co-operative societies
The Zimbabwe Institute of Co-operative Management (ZICM) offers online courses to co-operative societies and their members. ZICM courses promote good management practices in the running of co-operative societies.
uXpress® is a white label mobile wallet offering afforded to co-operative societies to manage their member contributions and make payments to service providers. Societies who take on uXpress® can immediately offer their community imbedded value added services to supplement the society’s revenues.
The Co-operatives Debentures Exchange (CDE) is a capital market for co-operative societies to raise much needed funding for their operations. Co-operative societies participate in the CDE by issuing debentures as prescribed by the Co-operative Societies Act [Chapter 24:05]. All CDE debentures are floated in the co-operatives store (upfumi.com)
Upfumi.com is the co-operative online store where societies buy raw materials and sell their products. The store enhances the output of co-operative products by offering
- Customers BuyNow! PayLater! Credit and
- Co-operatives Order Finance Facilities.